Monday, March 25, 2013

Tight knit

I don't know how many ladies I have met that tell me they do not wear skirts and dresses through the fall, winter and spring. When I ask why the most popular answer is "its just too cold".

My response is:

A, unfortunately it is generally "too cold" 75% of the year which is a long time to be wearing just pants, leggings and jeans

B, most of us work inside!

C, You are missing out on some great fashions

The answer: TIGHTS!

Tights are not a new concept, I know, but tights have become the new way of self expression.

Now, I know what you are going to say, "tights are just so uncomfortable" and "they are not breathable"..

My response:

I do not totally agree that polyester blend or rayon pants are comfortable and breathable either, and, with the modern day fabrics and cotton gussets tights are now:

A, just as comfortable as leggings, with much more versatility

B, Tights are slimming! Most contain spandex that maximise your shape and eliminate the unsightly bumps (Spanks baby!)

C, my favourite trick, double layer, wear plan tights in a neutral, matching or bright colour under fishnets, or lacy tights to add a little interest to your otherwise plain outfit*

With that being said, here are a few tights I found that can glam up any outfit, ranging from the inexpensive (dollar store or Ardene*) to the damn right frivolous..

A selection from my collection all under $3.50 a pair


Oasap $24.99

Jean Paul Gualtier price n/a

Philippe Matignon’s $15.00

*go careful not to have too many patterns going on in one outfit and remember when layering, less is more, you don't want to look like you escaped from the circus...

*Ardene sell their tights at 3 pairs for $10 in the spring, in my opinion they last the longest, I have had mine for 2 season and multiple washes so far and they are still in great shape )

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

After checking out a handful of the blog articles on your blog, I
seriously appreciate your way of writing a blog. I book marked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back in the near
future. Please visit my web site too and let me know how
you feel.

My webpage www.articledirectorynews.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!